Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Technology Leadership


I found it interesting that a noted trait of a technology leader is being a risk taker. I definitely see myself as a risk taker professionally and personally. One example is setting up my classroom differently from the traditional classroom as a brand new teacher. At first others were curious, later I received some criticism and most recently I received praise. Although there are clearly negatives and positives in risking taking it is differently a worthy trait if you want to LIVE your life. I think people learn best from taking risks and when they aren't successful they gain the most experience and knowledge from their mistakes. This directly applies to technology and education. As technology leaders we need to be willing to take risks and possibly fail. Otherwise we will never be able to fully explore the endless possibilities within educational technology.

I already, in a sense, am an active technology leader. I am an active member of my school's technology committee. I often times take notes at meetings. I volunteer in tasks and contribute ideas on how we can support our staff. I am especially active when it comes to our workshops that we host. In the future, I would love to actually be the official leader or co-leader of our group. I think I do best when I can lead the way. I am proud of my technology committee, but would like to see the committee be more active in our goals and tasks. I am an action type leader, so I think leading a technology committee would suit me well.
Thinking even bigger, I would love to be involved with any type of technology committees within my company. I would also be open to a job opportunity within my company that allows me to provide support to teachers on how they can fully integrate technology, rather than add it on to lessons. I am unsure if such a position exists, but I feel my company (and any district) would benefit from a position such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment